North Korea is becoming an attractive destination to many people in recent years. Visiting the country isn't terribly expensive or difficult to organize. In this article, we will help you answer the question: How much does it cost to go to North Korea?
Most introductory tours to North Korea will typically range between 600-1500 USD per person depending on your point of departure, tour length, group size, accommodation type, rooming preference, and your preferred method of transport.
Our regular group tours primarily depart from Beijing, the main transport hub for both air and train transport to North Korea. For some tours, it is also possible to depart from Dandong in northeast China by train, but requires a Chinese visa, and so is more convenient for those already living or traveling in China. There are also flights to Pyongyang from Shenyang, Vladivostok, and Shanghai (high-season charters).
We recommend visiting the country on at least a 3-night tour. A 3-night tour allows you to visit both the capital Pyongyang and the Demilitarized Zone near Kaesong. Shorter tours are available over specific holidays and special events, such as the Pyongyang Marathon.
For travel, there are some other costs to consider:
1. Goods and SouvenirsMost of the goods and souvenirs are sold at the hotels' shops and a few supermarkets in Pyongyang, from the spirits, cakes to cosmetic products. Suggestions for some gifts include Koryo Insam (ginseng), local alcohol, posters, stamps, or clothes with the North Korean logo.
2. Other expenses- Tips for the Korean guide team (5-10 EUR per traveller per day on group tours)
- Flowers for the visit to the monuments (20 RMB per bouquet)
- Concert performance tickets in Pyongyang (200 RMB per ticket)
- Special dishes like chicken stewed with ginseng (260 RMB per person)
- Mass Games ticket (cheapest ticket costs 50 Euro per person)
- Cooking class in Kaesong or Pyongyang (100 Euro per class)
- Pyongyang Marathon race fee (50 Euro per person)
We hope with the information above, you can estimate the amount of money you need to prepare and answer the question
yourself: How much does it
cost to go to North Korea. Asia Senses Travel is proud to be one of the
reputable travel agencies that provides unique Asia travel packages. We design
the tour with consideration about cost and comfortable that fit your budget well.